OFFICIAL RULES of the MANCELONA BUCK POLE
(These rules were defined, word for word, by Mancelona Chamber of Commerce Buck Pole Committee many, many years ago, and have stayed the same for generations.)
- $5 entry fee to hang deer
- Deer must be completely field dressed
- Deer must be shot November 15 or 16
- Hunter must furnish general area, time and who shot it; must be harvested within (50) mile radius of Mancelona
- Points must be 1/2" or longer to be counted
- Spread shall be measured by the widest outside dimension of the rack
- One prize per deer with exception of the first deer hung and Lucky Hunter Drawing
- Hunter prizes will be awarded prior to the raffle drawing, at 7:00 p.m. on November 16.
- No deer to be removed until all prizes are awarded.
- Lucky Hunter Drawing will be for all deer hanging by 6:30 p.m. on November 16. All fees received will be used for the drawing. A guaranteed minimum prize for the Lucky Hunter is $200. Every hunter that hangs a deer is eligible to win this prize no matter what size the deer is
- Deer must be hanging by 6:30 p.m. on November 16 to be eligible for any prize. Weather conditions permitting.
- Each entry will receive a picture of hunter with his/her deer, and a commemorative Buck Pole patch.
- Should temperature rise above 50 degrees, the deer must hang for a minimum of four hours in order to be eligible for any judged prize or the Lucky Hunter Drawing
- Should the weather conditions require removal of deer, the hunter must still be present at 7:00 p.m. on November 16 in order to receive any prizes.
- All hunters must be present at 7:00 p.m. on November 16 in order to receive any prize.
- Final decision of awarding of prizes for deer will be at the discretion of the Mancelona Buck Pole Committee.
> return to Buck Pole Main Page